The Fundamentals of Economics has been written as a textbook to offer a complete introduction for the student of economics. It is designed to offer a solid grasp of the fundamental concepts of the subject, but also to afford its reader the opportunity to extend this knowledge further. For students following various sixth-form curricula such as the new IB syllabus and GCE A-levels, this book provides an excellent platform for the acquisition of the necessary economic theory and will challenge them to go beyond typical textbook analysis, in many cases.
As such, this book can comfortably serve as a First Year undergraduate study platform in the discipline. The author, who has over twenty years of teaching experience within the IB and GCE A-level environments, as well as tutoring undergraduate and postgraduate students of economics, wanted to take a step away from the case-study laden textbooks in circulation and offer a book that would be both comprehensive in nature and easy to read.
This book is currently in its Second Edition and continues to follow the tenets of precision that lay at the core of its initial conception.
- Presents each topicwith meticulous attention to detail
- Uses precise diagrammatic illustrationswith accompanying theoretical analysis
- Explains and analyses economic theory in substantial depth
- Includes lesser-discussed areas of economic theory
- Introduces novel theories of Behavioural Economics, Circular Economic Model versus
- Linear Model Economics and more
- Inculcates in students an attitude of enquiry and delivers a strong focus on sustainability
- and economic well-being
- Includes summaries on each chapter, eachwith a concise overviewof thematerial covered